Thursday 24 August 2017

Today Reminder (Life) – 24 August 2017

A reminder for today
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. (Revelation 2:7)

I woke up this morning thinking it is Friday. What a disappointment when reality opened and I realised we are still on Thursday. This week has been exhausting and at stages it feels like it is never going to end. Plus, the stress of our project and the demands from the business is taking its toll. So, I am still tired and I thought that I might get some rest the weekend just to hear from my boss that I have a little extra that must be done by Monday. I love a challenge, but I am also quite tired at this stage. 

Yesterday I got into the lift. Yes, I am taking the lift the last few days, because my legs are in pain and I just did not have the strength for 5 floors. It stopped in the third and four people got in. It then stopped and another person got in travelling only one floor. As she got out the remaining people in the lift had a lot to say. As I walked to my desk to start work I thought about their comments. What they do not know is that the person who travelled only one floor walks to work. She does not have a car like the rest of them. She uses public transport and here in South Africa that can be a challenge. She then walks most of the way, which is in most cases much further than what they drive. Why do we think we can just make assumptions and it is ok? We do not like it when people assume over our lives, yet we do it?

We see here in revelation that Jesus says that he who overcomes will eat from the tree of life. He that passes through this world and overcomes all the challenges and obstacles and endures (remain faithful to God) will have eternal life. I find myself in the midst of a lot of challenges financially and work related. What am I to do? Do I give up and let the enemy trample me or do I stand firm in my faith and allow God to work in His time? 

I am here to overcome. Yet, I am not alone in my battle. Jesus will never let us stand alone and He will never turn away from us. In fact, when the storms get harder, He gets closer. So, my battles that I face is here to guide me and bring me closer to Him so that He will be glorified in my victories. I may feel exhausted but my strength does not come from me, it comes from God and with God I can do anything. Therefore, I do not fear and I am not worried at all, because I know that God is at work and in the end, all will be well.

Come with me today as we give our worries to God and trust Him with all our heart. Be patient and let God work in His time, because then we will see His glory.

Lord, take our burdens today as we trust you with all our minds and hearts. Let your will be done and let your kingdom come. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...