Wednesday 25 July 2018

Today Reminder (I am angry) – 25 July 2018

A reminder for today
Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools. (Ecclesiastes 7:9)

I am angry. I am so upset I want to scream. Have you ever felt like that? Have you ever gotten to a point where you think that this is enough I just can’t handle anymore of it? It could be a variety of situations that gets you to the moment where you want to explode. I find that hunger and exhaustion just add to the fire and makes the explosion really spectacular. 

Haha, that sounds so weird. The Bible gives us a few guidelines when it comes to anger and I thought I will use this one. Do not be hasty to be angry in other words to not be quick to explode. Anger resides in the heart of fools. Now at a glance this just is a little scripture that tells us not to get angry quickly, but you can get angry.

James the brother of Jesus wrote in James 1: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. This is the words of a man that grew up with Jesus and knew Him as an adult. Most of the verses tell us that we should be slow to anger, but James says that anger does not produce the righteousness of God. It also means that anger is against what God has designed us to be when it is in contradiction with God’s heart and design. 

I love proverbs 29:11: A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards. A fool causes havoc while a wise man keeps everyone calm. Funny thing, when you read that you realise how many fools there is and how many times you were a fool.

What do we do? I know it is hard to keep yourself calm when you are upset, and I agree you should stand up for what is right, but you should not be a fool about it. We can always make a clear point without shouting and screaming and most of the times people will admire your calm and question how you do it. This off course is a classic moment to bring Jesus into any conversation. 

So, come with me today as we remain calm and show love towards other as we work to mirror God’s design. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...