Sunday 1 July 2018

Today Reminder (Why do you believe) – 1 July 2018


A reminder for today
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. (Hebrews 11:3)

I am in the eye of the storm and I am holding on to a pole in the ground as the wind roars and rushes around me. I can’t see a thing as the wind continues to pull at me trying to release my grip and pull me up into the darkness. I am afraid as I cling to the last bit of life and strength left in me. How am I going to make it? Why do I believe?

Do l believe because it is expected of a person that grew up in a Christian home? Do I believe because of all the facts and evidence I have as proof of the existence of my God? Or do I believe because of the direction my life is in?

My faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. My faith is the proof I see and the proof I have. My faith is the direction of my life and how God has taken me from where I was to where I am at now. My faith is not perfect, but my faith is growing. I believe mainly out of personal experience and the grace I have seen in my life. 

I believe fully and completely in God and the fact that I have all the evidence of His existence does not outweigh the relationship I have with Him and the impact He has on my life. I believe not only because I know, but because I see. God is more real to me than the people in this world. He is the creator of all and the only one I believe in. He is my all.

I have seen how God changes people and how He can impact a life. When God enters people get purpose and direction like never before. My life has been given so much direction despite the amount of resistance the enemy brings. When I find myself in a place where I feel lost and defeated I can feel how He comes and picks me up again and renew me. 

The wind continues to pull and jerk me as I cling to the pole for life. It is cold and wet as it started to rain. The storm seems to be eternal as my strength fades away. For a brief moment I opened my eyes and all I could see is the darkness that surrounds me. Even though I am broken and exhausted I keep holding on. Suddenly the wind stopped, and the rain was gone, and a rainbow surrounded me. 

Jesus said He is the light in this world. We are often so overwhelmed by the world that we do not see the light. Often, we miss the light because we do not want to open our eyes and sometimes we miss the light because we are too tired. Sometimes we just need to be quiet for a moment and allow the Holy Spirit to do His work. Sometimes the rainbow is around us and all we must do is to know it is there. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...