Wednesday 4 July 2018

Today Reminder (My spirit) – 4 July 2018


A reminder for today
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)

It is a bit busy in my life at the moment as we juggle between work and the kids at home during the holiday time. I was working till late last night or maybe I should say I was struggling till late and finally I had a moment and my problem was resolved. It is in those aha moments that I see God’s hand so clearly in my life. Nothing I do I do because I am good at it, it is all God and His love and grace.

I love this verse. We walk through this life and we see these waves of challenges that just splashes over our daily lives and impacts our journey. This week I have gone from utter frustration to complete determination. I have had my fair share of software issues and I must say I was at a point where I thought my PC will make a nice kite. 

I love it when God just proves me wrong so easily. I can get so irritated with struggling and I can hear the Holy Spirit reminding me to be patient, but no. Patience is for other people and then when all frustration ends it all falls into place. God is great all the time.

So, that brings me to the Spirit that God has given us. This Spirit is not of fear but of power. In you dwells a Spirit of power. It is the same Spirit that resurrected Jesus and the same Spirit that defeated death. It is this life changing, mountain moving, world creating breath of life that is in us. Now, why do we fear? We fear out of lack of faith. Remember what Jesus said in Luke 8 verse 25; And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him.

Where is your faith? My faith is in Jesus Christ and nothing else. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...