Monday 4 March 2019

Reflections of faith (Blessed) – 4 March 2019


Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Saying, blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. (Romans 4:6-7)

Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven. I do not want to talk about forgiveness, I want to talk about being forgiven. Paul says that that blessed are those whose sins are covered (shielded). This means that blessed are you because Jesus took your sin and now shields you from the burden that comes with the sin that you used to carry. Forgiveness does not only clear us, but it cleanses us. God shows the magnitude of grace and love in the miracle of the cross. It is not what you are forgiven from, but what you do with that forgiveness. That is why Jesus told the woman they accused of adultery that she is forgiven and that she should sin no more. This is the part where we all fail badly. We are forgiven, but we do not stop sinning. This is something I have to physically focus on each day and in every moment of each day, because we can fall back into our old ways so easily. The great thing is that I am not alone in this and that I have a comforter that constantly reminds me of my wrongs and guides me in doing it better. I live in God’s grace every day, so I have to live a life that resembles that grace thus I have to live a sin free life. Not easy, maybe, but not impossible. 

Have an awesome day. 

I love you, my friend in Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...