Tuesday 5 March 2019

Reflections of faith (The Wicked) – 5 March 2019

For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart. (Psalm 11:2)

This world can be a desolate and lonely place. The enemy walks around looking for the lonely and the vulnerable to attack and destroy. The enemy will string their bow and fire at any time to hurt and destroy. We are the “upright” and we stand against the enemy in a daily battle. Being alone is a tough place to be. Sometimes we are surrounded by people, but we are still alone. Sometimes the battles we fight are so private that we are alone in the midst of it all. We try to look fine but inside we are in turmoil and destruction rages on. We walk with a smile, because the pain inside is so deep that we have no other expression to show. God loves the upright and the righteous. God looks down from His holy place and He sees the heart of each of us. He sees our pain, because He does not look at the picture everyone sees, He looks at the inside and He sees what we really struggle with. He is our place of safety and we are never alone as we face the arrows of the enemy. God will surround us with His safe hands, and He will pull us out of our pain and restore us. The wicked may think they have separated us from God, but nothing can pull us from God’s hands. The wicked may think they have defeated us, but we can do anything with our Lord. The wicked may think we are weak, but God is constantly strengthening us and preparing us. I may seem defeated, but I am far from giving up. I may seem broken, but the cracks you see is the light that shines from within me. I may be at war each day, but I am not losing this battle. I am what God says I am and He says I am His and I am forgiven and I am strong. 

Have an awesome day. 

I love you, my friend in Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...