Sunday 10 March 2019

Reflections of faith (Missing the point) – 10 March 2019


Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man. (Colossians 4:6)

I read a post today that said social media is not for your personal problems and personal issues should remain personal. I guess I allow my emotions to get the better of me sometimes and I share my life with you. My intention is never to misinform but more to show the world that I am just human as you are human and that we all make mistakes. Everyone has battles they face each day, and everyone has to deal with pain and frustration and hurt. Sometimes when I write about my daily challenges, I get to show you that regardless of my mistakes, my faults and my frustrations I am still loved by God and I still live in His grace each day. I guess I wanted my blog to be human and not robot so that when you read it you will see that I am also going through possibly the same struggles you are facing. When I seem to miss the point, I am sorry, but I cannot pretend to be perfect when I am not. I rather show you that I still make mistakes, but that does not mean I am not forgiven, nor does it mean I am bad. It merely means that I am still learning and believe me I am. I am far from perfect and that is who I want you to see. I say wrong things and I apologise. I get upset at people, but I always make sure to say I am sorry. Like so many men in my situation I also just want my family back, but I need you to see my struggles and my successes in order for you to learn from my mistakes. As much as I argue with my ex-wife, I also ask her to reconsider many times over. I realise the only reason I get so emotional is because I still love her, and I guess I always will. The tongue is a very evil device and I have made so many mistakes with it. That is why Paul says your speech must always be with grace and seasoned with salt so that we will uplift instead of destroying. I have done enough destroying. It is time I build more up and say more good things. 

Have an awesome day. 

I love you, my friend in Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...