Thursday 7 March 2019

Reflections of faith (Enemy) – 7 March 2019


As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God? (Psalm 42:10)

There are times in our lives when we find ourselves in a magnitude of storms. It seems as if the one is just replaced by another with more ferocity. You stand helpless as you watch the world begin to crumble around you. You get that suffocating feeling as more and more worries and concerns begin to mount up. What about food? What about gas? What about fees? What about this and what about that? Your mind is filled with many questions and you start to lose faith. You hear the voice of the enemy whispering “Where is thy God?”. You see how your budget just does not balance and you stand helpless as debt rises and your income shrinks. Have you ever stood before a mirror and you looked at the person staring back, and you think “failure”? Have you ever found yourself in a place where there just does not seem to be hope? You are stuck and you have no way out. Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God. This is the enemy polluting your mind with lies and nonsense. The enemy is harassing your soul and trying to push you past your limitations where you will be vulnerable and easy to break. I know the enemy is doing everything possible to break me at this time. Everything is just one huge challenge and I find myself emotionally exhausted at the end of each day, but I will still praise my God, because He is the health and the sanity of my entire being. He is my health and my strength, and He is the very air that I breathe. I am still standing, so let me stand with you as you face your challenges and let me pray for you so that you will be renewed and strengthened. Do not give up, because the prize at the end of this race is so much greater than the race itself.

Have an awesome day. 

I love you, my friend in Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...