Monday 25 March 2019

Reflections of faith (Stand) – 25 March 2019


Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. (Psalm 19:14)

I have not written to you in a while. I have been battling through some of the toughest battles yet combined with work and time and disappointment that just added to my list. I am still standing, and I am still fighting and there will always be hope.

I stand before you Lord broken and in pieces. My heart is empty and the pieces of what is left is slowly replaced and repaired by you’re amazing grace. Fill the void with your Spirit and with your Word. Let your love and mercy be clear in my life as I stand up once more facing another day. Let me walk in your path as your rod and your staff protect me. Let the words of my mouth be acceptable and let me speak life over me and everyone I meet. Be my guide and take me to streams of peace and tranquillity so that my soul will find rest. My trust is in you, Lord and I my hope is you. Open my eyes so that I can see and open my heart again so that I can be free. Let your love fill my whole being and let that love be visible in my way of life. Take my fears and my pain and replace it with strength and acceptance and repair what is still broken. Make me the man you saw when I was still an unborn infant and let your plans for my life fall into place. Let the disappointment that I feel be replaced by forgiveness and let me rise up and defeat my enemy. Open my eyes to the lies of the enemy and to the truth that is in you, Lord. You are the only way and the truth, and the life and I want to embody that truth and that life. I want to be the light that shines in my darkness and the lighthouse that will guide other. I am yours and because I am yours no other can claim me and no other can change me. I am who I am, and I am what you say I am. I am not what the world says of me I am forgiven, free and a new creation. Today we stand. Today we fight. Today we live. I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord and they are plans of prosper and they are good. 

Have an awesome day. 

I love you, my friend in Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...