Wednesday 27 March 2019

Reflections of faith (Overcome) – 27 March 2019


He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. (Revelation 21:7)

He that overcome shall inherit all things. Life as we know is filled with challenges and we face those on a daily basis. We fall and we rise, and we fall, and we rise, and we try again. Jesus was clear on that when He said we will see tribulation and we will have a tough time, because we follow Him. This promise here in Revelations is almost like the prize Paul writes about when he spoke about the race. Life is a race if you think about today and how we rush from one day to the next. It is as if time is moving faster and our days are shorter. What is important here is simply summed up in determination and courage. God has planned your life ahead and we follow this plan but sometimes we deviate from it and God needs to realign us. Now there are two critical aspects of this verse that I wish to highlight. One, if you overcome this world and all the challenges that the enemy throws at you, you will inherit all things and you will be a son of God. Two, and this one I will quote verse 8: But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. The outcome of the end is simply a decision. Do you choose to stand up and keep fighting and never give up, or will you fall and turn away from God? I have been through pain and hurt and I have been broken like never before, but I stand, and I will rise above it. I will not let the enemy break my faith with his lies and I will not give up. It may seem difficult, but I choose to change my perspective and let God be my guide. I choose to hold on to Him and trust Him so that in the end I will stand with Him as a son of God.  

Have an awesome day. 

I love you, my friend in Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...