Wednesday 29 February 2012

A real man declaration


A real man declaration

I am humbled by your grace, Lord, as I stand broken and ashamed in front of you. I have lost the fight so many times and I know I cannot win nor can I survive without you. My heart cries out to You Lord, I need you. I need forgiveness… I need to be free from this grip that holds me down, I need to be a real man, a man close to your heart, a warrior for you and for those that I love.

I invite you into my life and I surrender all that is holding me back from becoming a real man for You Lord. I will forgive those that wronged me and reconcile with those I have wronged. I will learn from my mistakes, repent of my sins, and walk with integrity as a man answerable to you Lord.

I will seek to honour You Father God, be faithful to your church, obey your word and do your will. I give you my heart Lord and ask you to help me take responsibility for myself and all my relationships. 

Help me to be courageous and strong so that I can stand my ground and be a Real Man in Christ, that never gives up, never quits the fight and that rises up to be an example of stability, to be honourable and faithful and to be humble.

In the name of Jesus.

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...