Tuesday 7 February 2012

Today Reminder - 07 February 2012 (Jars of clay)


My prayer for you for today is that the Light of Jesus will shine in you as you face all the obstacles that lie ahead in this day and your victory will highlight God’s power in you, in Jesus Name

2 Corinthians 4:6-10
For God, who said, "Let there be light in the darkness," has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.
We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.
We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies.

Jars of clay. What a week, it is Tuesday and already it feels that it should’ve been Friday. The constant flow of time and the waves of work and troubles are just unbelievable. It is as if in the one side all is falling in place and looking good and on the other side it is falling apart. It is so clear in all of this that the enemy is relentless, satan never gives up. He is indeed a hungry lion stalking his pray just waiting to destroy it. I love Paul’s comparison when he compares us to jars of clay, we are indeed like that. Not only are we fragile beings but we are also fragile when it comes to emotions. We all have different defence mechanisms but in the end we are all fragile on the inside as well as on the outside. It is amazing how the smallest of virus can bring down the strongest of us, how a small problem can look like a forest fire. What I love most about this whole comparison is not the jars of clay but the treasure that lies within. Oh my!, inside me dwells a mighty God just waiting to lift me up and shine through me as the morning sun breaking the darkness and drying away the clouds so that a whole world can bask in His glory. What an awesome thought, even if I am fragile and weak, I am powered by God. His glory and His power shine every time I stand up again and face a new day ready with new energy. So you see my dear friend, in you there is unlimited power, don’t let the enemy deceive you in thinking you are weak and not worthy, don’t try and contain God and don’t ever try and box Him in. We have to right size God, He is far greater and far bigger that you can ever imagine. 

The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard. Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world (Psalm 19).

God is beyond our imagination and therefore I will walk into this day singing with the Psalmist: The LORD is my light and my salvation—so why should I be afraid? The LORD is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble? (Psalm 27:1)

Have an awesome day, friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...