Wednesday 8 February 2012

Today Reminder - 08 February 2012 (A new life)


My prayer for you for today is that you will be confident living in faith as you follow a new life in Jesus, in Jesus Name.

2 Corinthians 5:6-7 and 17-18
So we are always confident, even though we know that as long as we live in these bodies we are not at home with the Lord. For we live by believing and not by seeing.
This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!
And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to Himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to Him.

A new life. Do you dream of a different life, do sometimes wonder what it would’ve been like if you had chosen another career path? Are you unhappy or are you bored with your current way of life? Do you think there must be more than what you see? Do you sometimes wonder what other people do for a life when you are stuck in traffic? Do you long for more?
God designed you and placed you on a path that He planned out for your life. It is normal for us to fall into the trap of wanting more than what we have at this moment and what the enemy does so well is to throw more problems your way to push you to your boundary so that you will end up in a place where you desire something else. You don’t care what that is but you just want out. This is satan at his best. Oh boy does he want you to want more and more. This is place where I have found myself in so many times and I have burned my hands in so many ways listening to the wrong voice. 

This is how I fight the enemy lately. I know God has a plan with my life, I know that because of where I have been and where I am now. And because God loves each one of us equally He also has a plan with you. I know that this body and this life is not permanent, and that there is so much more waiting for me when Jesus returns. I have given up my old life and accepted a new one, which means that I am a new person reconciled to God. To be grateful for what I have and content with my life has been a struggle on my own, but placing my needs in the hands of Jesus and spending time with Him allowing Him to change me and focussing my energy on a stronger relationship with Him, it becomes easier to face my struggles. Believe me when I say on my own it is a mayor struggle but with Him I am victorious. This is why we live by faith and not by sight, we live for what is to come and not for what we have, we live for a living God and an eternity that we will spend with Him. This is why I will not give up, no matter how much more trouble the enemy will throw my way, I will remain confident and I will stand firm in my faith. God will never leave us nor will He ever forsake us. 

Don’t give up, because in your victories other will be reconciled to God. 

You are in my prayers dear friend of Jesus. Today will be a day of reconciliation, a new day, a new life, a new me and a new you.

Have a great day!

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...