Thursday 16 February 2012

Today Reminder - 16 February 2012 (Power struggle)


My prayer for you for today is that you will remember that Jesus lives in you and only He can save you, so place your trust anew in Jesus, in Jesus Name.

Galatians 2:19-21
For when I tried to keep the law, it condemned me. So I died to the law—I stopped trying to meet all its requirements—so that I might live for God. My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die.

The power struggle. It is almost funny how we will always try and do things on our own. I’ve seen it so many times, I love to take charge and get things done and I love to do it on my own. I have always been someone who believed in “If you want it done, then do it yourself”. This is something I believe I was born into, my parents never waited for things to happen by themself, they almost always seized the moment and just did it. So obviously I have this born in and build in way to just go and do it and I always wanted to be able to do everything by myself. When it came to changing my life and getting it in the right direction, I was, like so many others, deceived by the enemy in believing I can get it done by me. What a joke! It took a while for the thought to settle and for me to see it for what it is: “My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me.”

It is not something we can do, or something we can buy, or something we have to earn, it is freely given by grace. It is not forced on us, nor does it enslave us, no, it is a choice with such wonderful promises. A life lived free from the grip the enemy had on you. There are no favourites in God’s eyes and not one will have more love from God than the other, not one of us is more important than the other. We are equal in His great mercy, even though the paths He designed for us are different, He still loves each one of us equally. This is also a mind blowing thought and one so many struggle with, especially when the enemy tries to steal your freedom with lies and guilt. You cannot change history, but you can change your future. You cannot reach heaven on your own, you can only succeed with Jesus – He is the way, the truth and the life.

So live in this earthly body by trusting the Son of God, who loved you and gave His life for you. Stop trying to make it on your own, but place your trust in Him – Remember: “We live by faith and not by sight.” I can testify to this, the minute I took my daily struggles and placed them in the hands of God, everything seems to fall in place. I seem to do better at work, I am less frustrated and more focussed and I feel lighter, because this massive burden I carried is now safely in the hands of Jesus. Nothing I do and none that I am is because of me, it is all because of His great love and mercy. I am more when I am less, less of me and more of Him.

You remain in my prayers dear friend of Jesus.

Have a fabulous day!

Cheers


The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...