Monday 6 February 2012

Today Reminder - 06 February 2012 (Undercover)


My prayer for you for today is that the Spirit of the Lord in you will change your image as you become more and more like the Lord, in Jesus Name.

2 Corinthians 3:16-18
But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like Him as we are changed into his glorious image.

Undercover. It is cold and damp as I make my way out into the street. Living two lives is beginning to take its toll and I can feel my insides ready to explode. My nerves are killing me as I have to face yet another day under the veil of another person that I am not. I slowly make my way towards the gang, laughing, joking and keeping the cover up. My cover must not be broken, it can change everything. All my hard work, all my time and effort as I struggled to be accepted, must not be destroyed. I try not to make too much eye contact as I struggle to keep up the act. I can feel the burden being lifted slightly as we part ways and I can make my way to my desk. I must continue, I must keep it up, I must remain friends with these guys even if I don’t agree with them, because I don’t want to be the one they laugh at and joke at, because I am a child of God…

How hard is it to turn back and stop living two lives? How difficult is it to let go of the wrong friends, even if it will leave you standing alone, laughed at and mocked. It is not easy to change when you have been used to a certain way of live and certain group of friends. It is not easy to give up a life of fun and popularity, for a normal life. When we accept the Lord as our saviour and we are filled with His Spirit, the veil of a life lived incorrectly is taken away and we can see clearly for once. Do we change our lives or do we live a secret live not to lose what we have. Once that veil is removed your life will start to reflect the glory of God. It is not something we can turn on and off as we please, no it is something that changed us and will change other and will make us shine in an unstoppable way. Yes you might face more hardships, but they will be worth it once you receive the prize of eternal life with God. Don’t be afraid to stand up for Jesus, because He will stand up for you. He will not let you take on your daily struggles alone. So my dear friend, let the Lord change you into His glorious image more and more with each new day. In the end it is Him that I would rather try to impress, than anyone else in this world.

Have an awesome day friend of Jesus, my prayers are with you.

Cheers.

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...