Thursday 9 February 2012

Today Reminder - 09 February 2012 (Treasure)

My prayer for you for today is that glow in the generous grace of our Lord knowing that you are rich, in Jesus Name.

2 Corinthians 7:10
For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There's no regret for that kind of sorrow. But worldly sorrow, which lacks repentance, results in spiritual death.

2 Corinthians 8:9
You know the generous grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, so that by His poverty He could make you rich.

Treasure! I found these two awesome scriptures this morning and just had to share both. God allows sorrow in our lives to lead us away from sin and into salvation. This is quite a mind blower. We have gone through a number of sorrows in our lives and I know out of my life, every time things go wrong we end up questioning it and almost always ask this question “Why me?” But what do we gain from sorrow? Paul says that worldly sorrow that lacks repentance results in spiritual death. I think that even in questioning our sorrow we are drawn closer to God. I find myself spending more time with Him asking about the things that go wrong and eventually letting God take control of my doubts and my sorrow and finally seeing the result for what it is supposed to be – drawing me closer to Him.

Combining sorrow this morning with grace I think might just be the right medicine. You see the Lord’s grace is so much more than we can possibly think. He became poor so that we can be rich, rich in the salvation that follows His grace. The Lord Jesus gave up His life so that we can have eternal freedom. I feel that I must just remind you again today that He died so set the captives free. The enemy wants to control you with pain and sorrow, where God wants it to lead you to Him, to freedom. I guess it is where we place our trust and where we end up asking for help and whether we accept that help. Asking God for help but still complaining about it is not going to change you, asking God for help and trusting Him will.
I don’t know what it is that you are facing at this moment nor do I know where you stand with God, but what I do know is that He send His son to give up His life to save yours. If He loves you that much, He will not  let the enemy defeat you, He will not allow more problems in your day than what you can handle, and sometimes the pain we feel is there to open our eyes to something greater.

I told a friend that life is in the sunrise, in the way the sun clears away the darkness, it is in the dewdrops on tiny leaves, it is in the song of a bird, it is in time, it is in moments, it is joy, it is sorrow, it is in the sunset and it is in the moon rising and in the stars magnifying it – it is all in and for God…

God is waiting, wanting to hear all about you, your life, your troubles and your sorrow. He is ready to listen, but already busy changing it. Take a moment today and just talk to Him…

Have a great and awesome and amazing day. It is still dark outside but I can feel the sun is on his way.

You remain in my prayers dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers


The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...