Monday 13 February 2012

Today Reminder - 13 February 2012 (Weakness)

Today I just want to share a glimpse from Paul’s life. This part in 2 Corinthians is quite humbling. I know we face many trails and problems in our lives, but this is purely inspirational. 

2 Corinthians 11:23-30
Are they servants of Christ? I know I sound like a madman, but I have served Him far more! I have worked harder, been put in prison more often, been whipped times without number, and faced death again and again. Five different times the Jewish leaders gave me thirty-nine lashes. Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked. Once I spent a whole night and a day adrift at sea. I have traveled on many long journeys. I have faced danger from rivers and from robbers. I have faced danger from my own people, the Jews, as well as from the Gentiles. I have faced danger in the cities, in the deserts, and on the seas. And I have faced danger from men who claim to be believers but are not. I have worked hard and long, enduring many sleepless nights. I have been hungry and thirsty and have often gone without food. I have shivered in the cold, without enough clothing to keep me warm.
Then, besides all this, I have the daily burden of my concern for all the churches. Who is weak without my feeling that weakness? Who is led astray, and I do not burn with anger?
If I must boast, I would rather boast about the things that show how weak I am.

In all of that Paul remained determined and focussed. I love how he says if he must boast he would rather boast about his weaknesses. This is so nicely summarised in 2 Corinthians 12:

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
Each time He said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

What a powerful thought! This is so important for us to remember, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." It is then when God’s power will be so much clearer to the world. My dear friend, Jesus is more visible in your weakness when you survive the hardships you face and glorify God during your problems and after they are gone. 

My prayer for you for today is that you will stand and face all that this world can throw in your way and that you will remember the Lord when He said "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." I pray that you will know and feel that you are strong when you are weak, in Jesus Name.

Have an awesome day mighty warrior!

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...