Tuesday 5 March 2013

Today Reminder - 05 March 2013 (Serve)




A reminder for today
“But if you refuse to serve the LORD, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the LORD." (Joshua 24:15)

Monday is gone and Tuesday lies ahead. This week is already in the normal rush of things as we are entering March and it seems as if February was never here. Time flies and it seems to be getting faster and faster. Days seem so much shorter. Joshua stood in front of the people of Israel at an old age and basically telling them that they must choose, but when they choose they must commit. He knew at his age that time does not wait for anybody and before you know it a lot of time has passed. Joshua said that they must choose who they will serve, but what I love about this verse is what Joshua states very clearly: “As for me and my family, we will serve the LORD.”

My dear friend, a family united is a family that can never be divided. It is so important that we unite our families in serving and following the Lord. It is one thing to follow Jesus, but more important is it that you show how you follow Jesus. I always say that following Jesus in not a decision, but a lifestyle. My greatest desire for my kids is that they will see Jesus in my eyes and in my heart. But this does not only apply to parents, it applies to all of us following Jesus Christ. It is a decision that you make and then you must stand by it, whether you have family or not. It is in our way of life that we can share the gospel and lay down its foundation in the lives of other. 

You are a follower of Christ and that decision binds you to be responsible and to be careful how you live. You are a leader in your home and amongst your friends and this position that God places on you makes you the key that will unlock the hearts of those you love and those that you work with. This is so important that you understand that the role you have as a representative of Jesus, also makes you a soldier is His army and this bounds you to live as He lived and to lead as He did. 

Life is too short to be worried or concerned about what people think. I am only concerned about what God thinks. Make this your number one priority – every day!

I pray that you will live a life like Jesus did, in Jesus name.

Come and let us declare it to the world, just like Joshua did. Let us say as for me and my family, we will serve the LORD.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus.  

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...