Wednesday 20 March 2013

Today Reminder - 20 March 2013 (Give up)



A reminder for today
"Sir," Gideon replied, "if the LORD is with us, why has all this happened to us? And where are all the miracles our ancestors told us about? Didn't they say, 'The LORD brought us up out of Egypt'? But now the LORD has abandoned us and handed us over to the Midianites." (Judges 6:13)

When I decided to take this scripture from Judges 6, I was reluctant for a moment, because this is no easy subject. I told you yesterday that I can relate to Gideon. When you read this: “If the LORD is with us, why has all this happened to us?” Do you relate to Gideon? Have you ever felt like that?

There have been times in my life when I too looked up at the Lord with questions in my heart. I felt like the world has abandoned me and that I am alone on this little piece of earth that I call home or work or wherever it is that you felt abandoned. I too stood with fear of what lies waiting for me around the next bend.

Why? I don’t know why, but what I do know is that it was necessary for me to be broken so that the healing can take me in the right direction. It was needed so that my focus can change and return to God. It was tough being in this dark tunnel, but once I reached the other side the light seemed so much clearer and my mission so much more acceptable. 

My dear friend, if you are there now, please do not give up, but allow God to carry you through your dark time and lay you down on the path that He has prepared for you.  

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus.  

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...