Tuesday 3 September 2013

Today Reminder - 03 September 2013 (Day 2 - Victories)



A reminder for today
When Hadadezer's allies saw that they had been defeated by Israel, they surrendered to David and became his subjects. After that, the Arameans were no longer willing to help the Ammonites. (1 Chronicles 19:19)

I was wondering this morning what your day was like yesterday. What did you face yesterday and what are the challenges that lie ahead for you today? My dear friend, I am carrying you in my heart today as we step out into the battle field. You see David defeated Israel’s enemies and in such a way that their allies stopped to support them and were no longer willing to help them.

In our life battles we are constantly at war with the enemy and God is always there to help us and strengthen us. We need to stand together in prayer as we face the challenges that await us, so that the enemy will fear us and our allies. Therefore my dear friend, I will carry you in my heart and in my prayers, because if we stand together we will not be defeated so easily.

Our victory verse for today is John 16:33 – “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." 

The joy of knowing that Jesus overpowered this world and that this brings peace in our lives is so comforting. My dear friend, in the midst of all that we may face today, remember that Jesus defeated this world and it does not have any power over us anymore. Let Jesus be on your lips and in your heart during each trial and every sorrow.

It is the fight alone that pleases us, not the victory. (Blaise Pascal)

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...