Monday 9 September 2013

Today Reminder - 09 September 2013 (Day 6 - Victories)



A reminder for today
Be strong and courageous; do not be afraid or lose heart! (1 Chronicles 22:13)

How was your weekend? I don’t know about you but my weekend gave me more challenges than what I expected. It is funny how we can be so short sighted and hard headed sometimes. The enemy once again successfully used all my weaknesses against me and I failed miserably. I came to a place where I felt that I am frustrated with my own inabilities to withstand the temptations of the enemy and to see through their disguised intentions and that I don’t have enough wisdom to not slip and remain focussed on my goal and my goal is to be an ambassador for Christ. 

So all the victories that I wanted to achieve ended in losses on my side and felt lost and insecure about myself. So this morning the Lord highlighted these words of David to his son Solomon and I feel how the Holy Spirit just wants us to sit back for a moment and reflect. God is reminding us today that we should keep the faith and be strong and courageous. This reminded me of the movie courageous and how we are supposed to place our trust in God and be more than what the world requires. We must be vessels of honour and soldiers of good that fights for God and as we become pillars in our families that resemble the strength of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ.

My victory verse for today is James 1:12 - God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation, and I feel that I have lost this battle. So I am on my knees asking God to give me strength, wisdom and understanding so that I will not fall again, but remain steadfast in the midst of all my storms. I pray that the Lord will uplift us with wisdom and courage so that we will not be afraid and that we will not lose heart, but that we will be courageous all the time, in Jesus name.

“Whatever your station or position in life, there is always room for improvement, enhancement, and perfection. I say this with a great sense of humility. Regardless of what you are enjoying at the moment, the Lord says that he has something better for you! No matter what you have achieved, attained, or accomplished in this world, there are more challenges and blessings ahead. God says that you have stayed long enough on this mountain. It is time to press forward to take more territories and receive more trophies.” – Pedro Okoro

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...