Friday 13 September 2013

Today Reminder - 13 September 2013 (Day 10 - Victories)



A reminder for today
Then David continued, "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don't be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. (1 Chronicles 28:20)

How are you doing my friend? How was your week? This has been a tough week for me and I can’t tell you how many times the enemy has tried to bring me down and how hard they are trying to discourage me. David goes on to tell his son Solomon not be afraid or discouraged. Isn’t it just amazing how the Word of God came to life this week as we face our daily struggles and battle with the continuous onslaught of a relentless enemy? I found that in this week, where I struggled, the Word just seemed so much more alive.

Just listen to God and see how He encouraged us each day:

Be strong and courageous; do not be afraid or lose heart!

Now seek the LORD your God with all your heart and soul.

These divisions of the gatekeepers were named for their family leaders, and like the other Levites, they served at the house of the LORD.

And Solomon, my son, learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately. Worship and serve him with your whole heart and a willing mind. For the LORD sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. If you seek him, you will find him. But if you forsake him, he will reject you forever

Then David continued, "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don't be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.

These verses of the week build up to our verse for today where David says that the Lord (His God/My God) is with you  and He will not fail you or forsake you. Now I feel that I need to remind you that we should be strong and courageous and we should do the work. This is a confirmation for me that the Lord is telling me to do the work and He will bless it. God wants us to continue on our journey and not be afraid. Have you felt afraid this week? I know I have and I am in awe of how the Lord just pulls me back and realigns me with His word and purpose. I just love this part - for the LORD God, my God, is with you. This is what we needed to hear even if we know it we need to hear it. The Lord is with us and this confirmation is what we need to put as back in the fight and renew our strength. Come my friend and let us stand up from the mud and the mire and let us put on our armour, because when we step out of the door today the enemy will flee out of fear of our Lord and the fact that He is standing right next to us. The battle is in our hands and victory is within our grasp. Don’t give up, for the prize of this victory is far greater than the struggle. 

"Yes," he told them, "I saw Satan fall from heaven like lightning! Look, I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy, and you can walk among snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing will injure you. But don't rejoice because evil spirits obey you; rejoice because your names are registered in heaven." (Luke 10:18-19)

“As a believer, you have the authority to tell the devil what to do in the name of Jesus” – Pedro Okoro

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...