Tuesday 10 September 2013

Today Reminder - 10 September 2013 (Day 7 - Victories)



A reminder for today
Now seek the LORD your God with all your heart and soul. (1 Chronicles 22:19)

David’s advice to his son Solomon during the preparation to build the temple is so striking. Seek the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul. I think that this is something David must have done each day. He must have sought God each day with all his heart.

I found myself yesterday in a void where I was conflicted with the pitfalls of the weekend and a huge work burden that seems to increase by the minute. I could feel that the combination weighted me down as the enemy used everything possible to defeat me. My downfall was that I kept looking for my own faults instead of seeking God with all my heart and all my soul.

My dear friend, this is what the Holy Spirit recommend we do on our journey towards victory. Let us seek God in every moment of every day with all our hearts and soul. 

Our victory verse for today is Hebrews 11:1 - Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

God wants us to seek Him in faith and in that faith we will rebuild our confidence in what we hope for and we will be given assurance by God about the things we are not prepared for. I pray that we will have an uncontrollable urge to seek God and uplift our faith, in Jesus name.

“There is a difference between the fact and the truth. The fact is what you may be experiencing at any particular point in time in your life, the day-to-day reality of life, the struggles, the challenges, the issues and the problems that you face on a daily basis. On the other hand, the truth is what God’s Word says about the particular situation you are going through or the challenges you currently face...God expects you to confess and proclaim the truth of His Word, not the fact of your daily struggles!” – Pedro Okoro

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...