Tuesday 24 September 2013

Today Reminder - 24 September 2013 (Day 17 - Victories)



A reminder for today
"This must be a magnificent Temple because our God is greater than all other gods. But who can really build him a worthy home? Not even the highest heavens can contain him! So who am I to consider building a Temple for him, except as a place to burn sacrifices to him? (2 Chronicles 2:5-6)

Wow and it is Tuesday again! How are you my friend, I pray that you are more victorious with each day. Solomon is about to build a temple for the Lord and as I read this scripture it stood out, because for a moment I see myself making my body a temple for the Lord. Solomon clearly says that no one can really build the Lord a temple, because not even the heavens can contain Him. Two very important statements here: One our temples must be magnificent for our God is greater than any other and secondly the heavens cannot contain Him placing the emphasis on the fact that God is not like me and you. God is far greater than we can imagine. It is important that in this verse we must place God in His rightful place within our lives and within our temples.

The past few months I have been burdened with a health issues and in the last week it just escalated to a position where I started to feel it breaking my hope and bringing me down. I could feel how the continuous pain started to overwhelm me and how I had to give up on things I enjoyed, because I just could not do it anymore. It influenced my whole being and you could see it in my body as I started to lose a lot of weight. I felt fear and disappointment take hold of me and I felt lost for a moment. After I returned from the doctor it seemed to get worse and I did not know what to do anymore. All that was left for me was to place it in God’s hands and all I could say is that whatever happens let His will be done. And on Sunday my health started to turn around and I started to feel better. I could see how the enemy’s foul attempts to destroy me suddenly had no more effect on me as the Lord freed me from this terrible time. God intervened, because I did not turn against Him, but instead I accepted and remained faithful even when I felt that I could not go on anymore. So the Lord restored my temple and renewed my strength so that I can continue the fight and tell you about His remarkable grace.

My dear friend, God is far greater than we know and everything has a purpose in this life. We must remain faithful and trust Him. Each victory that we have every day is so important even the little ones, because each victory destroys the attempts of the enemy and build on our hope and faith and shows God’s love and grace in our lives.

And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don't know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God's own will. And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. (Romans 8:26-28)

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...