Friday 22 January 2016

Today Reminder – 22 January 2016



A reminder for today
If racing against mere men makes you tired, how will you race against horses? If you stumble and fall on open ground, what will you do in the thickets near the Jordan? (Jeremiah 12:5)

I can still remember my days in the National Team and how many hours I spend a day preparing for our tournaments. I woke up around 3 in the mornings and then I ran about 5 to 10 kilometres after which I did hill sprints and stairs. I must have run about a hundred stair cases each morning. This was my fist 2 hour session then I did an afternoon session where I focussed on technique and speed for another 2 hours and then we had a training session in the evenings for more than 2 hours. We did these 7 days a week. If you want to run against horses you should not give up when you run against mere men. Training to be the best means you must train as if you are the best. Train with no end and as if there is no tomorrow. Give more than your best and don’t stop when you are tired, stop when you are done.

Life is probably the toughest tournament you will ever compete in. In any given moment the stakes can change and the competition can be harder. Sometimes your challenges seem impossible and sometimes they are too many at a time. If we give up in the first trouble we see how will we ever face the real storms? Jesus did not give His life to us so that we can give up and turn away from the victories that await us. Why do we fall? We fall so that we can get up again and try harder. We fall so that we can be better prepared the next time. I am over forty now and I still train more than 2 hours a day every day of the week. It is never easy and injuries make it even harder to carry on. But I do not give up, because it is easier to sit at home or stay in bed. I keep on fighting because the taste of success is a thousand times better than the fear of failure. 

So stand up and let us try again. Do not give up because you are a winner and winners never turn away from a challenge. We face the storms and we stand facing them, because we are princess and princesses of God. Jesus spoke and calmed the storm. What do you think will happen when He speaks over you in your storm?

Lord, let us try and try again and never give up. Bless us with strength and power so that we can stand through our challenges and smile in at our storms, because with faith we can move mountains. In Jesus name.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...