Monday 25 January 2016

Today Reminder – 25 January 2016



A reminder for today
At about three o'clock, Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" which means "My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?" (Matthew 27:46)

Jesus calls out to the Father just before He dies on the cross "My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?” Have you ever felt like that, my friend? When we are facing overwhelming storms in our lives we often get that feeling and we just want to shout out to the Father. I do not know where you find yourself today and what storms you have waiting for you, but one thing I do know is that you must be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the LORD your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you. (Deuteronomy 31:6)
 
We are way too quick to doubt and definitely too quick to question. We are stubborn in that sense because the world of fast food and quick solutions has created a gap between us and God. We will rather seek our own way instead of patiently waiting for God to reveal His plan. Today I want us to turn back to God and seek His voice. I want us to humble ourselves like little children and remove the worldly chaos from our minds. I want us to become quiet again inside and desperately seek His voice. We must never look at our ability to hear God. We must trust in His ability to let us hear His voice. I love to talk to God and when I am troubled I would easily speak to Him as if His is visibly next to me. Although I can’t see Him, I know He is there and I know He hears what I say. It is our own disbelieve that hinders us to get closer to Him. I love the Father and I always have. Despite my mistakes I still seek Him every day and I know He is there, because I live in His grace like never before.

Lord, I pray that we will spend more moments talking to you and focus more on you, than our problems. Let us not remind you how big our problems are, but instead let us remind our problems how big you are. In Jesus name.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...