Tuesday 10 January 2017

Today Reminder – 10 January 2017



A reminder for today
Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before. Then people who are not Christians will respect the way you live, and you will not need to depend on others. (1 Thessalonians 4:11-12)

Good day, my friend. How are you? I do hope you are well and that the Lord our God is your focus and that you have all you need in His name. Today is my eldest son’s first day of school in 2017 as he moves up in they grade where the change class and write exams. It is a challenging year that awaits him and us, but I have faith in him and I know the Lord is by his side all the way. Life is funny nowadays and with Facebook and all the social media out there we are almost in each others back yard. So many can live a quiet live, but they follow everyone’s moves on the internet. To live a quiet live, minding your own business and focusing on your work has become somewhat of difficult thing. Yet I think that it is the best way to live. I always say that Facebook stole the privilege we have in physical contact. We would rather like something on Facebook than to go and congratulate someone for something they have done or to say happy birthday. To be honest I prefer if you call me and say happy birthday than to post it online, but I guess it remains a personal preference. 

So today my challenge is that you give a little of yourself by rather telling someone than to put it online. To mind you own business and to focus on your work. To have a job is a massive gift and a blessing and I can't say this more, we should always work with gratitude doing our best in such a way that our managers will be proud and that we will feel good of what we have done. Then you will be respected and trusted and you will give glory to God, because you display love and contempt. I know it is hard when your job is terrible, but you never know how God will touch the hearts of those bad people when you bring Him with you in all that you do. 

We are looking at prayer this month and we know that prayer is powerful. So if you have this weapon that can change people, please use it, because God will bring about change when you pray with a faithful heart.

Lord, I bring us all to you in my prayer and I thank you for the jobs we have. I pray that you will bring about change where we face difficult work situations and if we need to change jobs that you will guide us and help us to find the right one. Help us to live quiet lives and as we put on your Armour today, I pray that you will help us fight the enemy and defeat him as he tries to destroy us. Fill our hearts with you and fill us with your Spirit so that we will remain focused on you. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...