Friday 27 January 2017

Today Reminder – 27 January 2017



A reminder for today
The purpose of my instruction is that all believers would be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and genuine faith. (1 Timothy 1:5)

It is raining. It rained all night and it is still raining. It is so amazing. When it rains in Africa it is really beautiful here. Everywhere you go it is green almost as if the plants and trees are shouting out glory to God for the awesome blessing that rejuvenates all life. And finally it is Friday. This week was a hectic week and I am a little tired today. I can feel the work stress and the intensity of our workouts getting to me. My body aches and pains from a few very hard sessions this week. But let me rather ask how is things where you are? I guess for some of you it is winter while other are also enjoying the blessings of summer. My kids wants so much to see snow, so I guess one of these day we will have to make a plan and visit you guys in winter. 

So today I want to know what is the purpose of life? Now there is a question that can ignite a nice debate. Well I am in now way looking for a debate nor am I about to tell you that your purpose lies in the stars and that you must dress like Elvis and join the circus. Nope I am just reminding you of a little verse that an awesome creator of heaven an earth left with us just as He went up to heaven. 

Jesus came and told his disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:18-20)

Now, think of it like this. You have purpose. There is a well planned reason for your existence and you are part of a massive kingdom of people that are all made with purpose. Each one uniquely crafted with a number of talents to fulfill that purpose. You are then strategically placed and guided to find that purpose in life and while becoming the person you are meant to be, you carry with you a gift. A message of life that changes hearts wherever you go. While traveling on this journey you can influence believers with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience (because all your sin is forgiven), and a genuine faith.

So today I want you to remember again that you are special and prefect and amazing and wonderful and awesome and super and great and just very very cool. If you do not believe me, take a look in that mirror. Now that person starring back at you is in the image of God and He is perfect. So yes you are very cool.

Lord, I pray for each one reading your blog today and I ask that you bless them and keep them safe. Hold them and guide them and fill them with you Spirit so that they will burst with life. Put your armour on them and strengthen them. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...