Friday 13 January 2017

Today Reminder – 13 January 2017



A reminder for today
Dear brothers and sisters, pray for us. (1 Thessalonians 5:25)

Prayer is so important in our daily lives and more so that we should pray for each other. But what we forget so easily is who we are praying to. God is the creator of all and when we move into His presence we should do so with humility and respect. We should fully understand who we are talking too and what a massive privilege we have, because it is only possible to enter His presence with the Lord Jesus who makes this possible.

When I turned to see who was speaking to me, I saw seven gold lampstands. And standing in the middle of the lampstands was someone like the Son of Man. He was wearing a long robe with a gold sash across his chest. His head and his hair were white like wool, as white as snow. And his eyes were like flames of fire. His feet were like polished bronze refined in a furnace, and his voice thundered like mighty ocean waves. He held seven stars in his right hand, and a sharp two-edged sword came from his mouth. And his face was like the sun in all its brilliance. (Revelation 1:12-16)

On the morning of the third day, thunder roared and lightning flashed, and a dense cloud came down on the mountain. There was a long, loud blast from a ram's horn, and all the people trembled. Moses led them out from the camp to meet with God, and they stood at the foot of the mountain. All of Mount Sinai was covered with smoke because the LORD had descended on it in the form of fire. The smoke billowed into the sky like smoke from a brick kiln, and the whole mountain shook violently. As the blast of the ram's horn grew louder and louder, Moses spoke, and God thundered his reply. (Exodus 19:16-19)

To the Israelites at the foot of the mountain, the glory of the LORD appeared at the summit like a consuming fire. (Exodus 24:17) 

The LORD replied, "I will make all my goodness pass before you, and I will call out my name, Yahweh, before you. For I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose. But you may not look directly at my face, for no one may see me and live." The LORD continued, "Look, stand near me on this rock. As my glorious presence passes by, I will hide you in the crevice of the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove my hand and let you see me from behind. But my face will not be seen." (Exodus 33:19-23)

Now there is a glimpse of the God that we pray to when we meet Him. I should say, when we have time to pray. I read these verses and I must admit I am sitting here and my mouth is dry, my heart is pounding and I am suddenly a little worried, because how many times do we just quickly pray to get it done and how many times do we tell God what we think He should do. How many times do we forget who it is we are talking to? Moses was not even allowed to see God’s face or he would’ve died. The Israelites had to keep a safe distance from God otherwise they would perish in His presence. When He speaks it is like thunder and a whole mountain trembles. My prayer life just changed dramatically and the way I look at God. How I approach Him in prayer and how I see Him.

So today I just want to remind you who God is and I urge you to keep this in mind every time you go down on your knees to pray. 

Lord, forgive us for all the times we have forgotten who you are and I pray that you will hear our prayer and help us to understand your majesty. As we keep focussed on you let us see you as we should see you. I pray that you will accept our praises as we give all that we are to you. Let your grace shine through is and help us so that we will never ever doubt in you. Help us to wear your armour and face the enemy without fear. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...