Monday 30 January 2017

Today Reminder – 30 January 2017



A reminder for today
This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it: "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners"—and I am the worst of them all. (1 Timothy 1:15)

Oh my it is Monday and it started not so good. Impatience is one of the worst characteristics we can display and in most cases we end up hurting only ourselves. Traffic as usual was at its best this morning and watched how a lady impatiently just drove out of her turn right in front me as I drove into a turn. And yes I was upset just to think later that maybe she was waiting for a turn for a long time and no one thought of giving her one. So yes, the Holy Spirit worked with me giving me a better perspective. So my impatience and her impatience robbed me of a blessing. So much for shining the light and changing the world. 

Have you ever felt the same way Paul describes himself. He says Jesus came to save the sinners and he was the worst of them all. Paul humbles himself and here and shows God’s grace in his humility. I have felt like that many times. I felt that compared to other sinners I am the worst of them all. But in fact God’s grace is so great and His forgiveness so powerful that we have no past to look back to nor do we have faults and mistakes that we need to remember and feel bad about. The enemy however loves to remind us of our faults in his attempts to change our humility into self pride and self pity. 

Luckily God when God cleans up your life the is no past to remember nor do we need to feel guilty for it anymore. Our lives change from past dwellers to future movers. We become optimistic followers of God and eternity lovers for we will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

So today I challenge you to break the past and see the future.

Lord, help us to understand your grace and know that the old self is no more and a new self exists in my place that lives by grace and flourishes by you love. Help us to wear your Armour and face our battles today. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...