Monday 23 January 2017

Today Reminder – 23 January 2017



A reminder for today
But the Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one. (2 Thessalonians 3:3)

How was your weekend? We had a great one, jip I got to do all the things around the house that I needed to do and I worked a bit catching up on those missing hours due to meetings and such. Our dog injured herself and we had to take her to the vet, what a nice surprise that was. Amazing how the enemy just lurks around every corner to get you. He is such a loser, because with every attack he makes the Lord turns what he intends to hurt us into a blessing that glorifies God. Now you must be missing a little brain cell or two when that is how your plans end. I love this verse, the Lord is faithful and He will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one. But let’s add to that, So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. (James 4:7) 

As I drove to work this morning I saw a lady standing in the road with a sign that says she lost her job and she needs help. For a moment I thought that is just another one abusing the good hearts of people, but as I drove by the Lord reminded me that how am I supposed to glorify Him when I hide in my car and just ignore the cries around me. So I turned around and drove back to her. I took money from my wallet and walked out to her as she stood there. She must’ve wondered what this crazy man wanted and I could feel the drivers looking on with their closed hearts. I put my hand on her shoulder and told her that she should not turn away from God. I gave her the money and drove to work. Somehow I felt that I could’ve done more or said more, but I guess I was just as surprised at my obedience as she was.

So today I do not want you to jump out and spoil the world, I just want you to resist the enemy and accept the fact that God is faithful and He will give you the strength to resist and He will guard you from the evil one.

Lord, as we walk into this world today help us to resist the enemy and hear your voice clearly. Help us to follow your way and let your will be done. Bless us and let us glorify you in all that we do today. Help us to put on your armour and defeat the enemy so that you will be praised all over this world and that darkness will no longer feed on the blinded hearts of the lost. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...