Thursday 7 February 2013

Today Reminder - 07 February 2013 (Giving)



A reminder for today
"You must set aside a tithe of your crops—one-tenth of all the crops you harvest each year. (Deuteronomy 14:22)

Giving and receiving:

I realise more and more each day how important it is to give your tithe to the Lord. This confirms your trust and respect for the Lord and that you fear Him for who He is. Doing this will teach you always to fear the LORD your God (verse 23).  Jesus made it very clear in Matthew 6:20-21: Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.

My dear friend, God does so much for me and you each day and as I see all the wonderful blessings we have and how little God asks in return, I am almost ashamed. I get so much and yet I give so little. I feel a deep desire you give more of me to Him and to confirm my trust and my fear for Him who sits on the throne of Heaven. I want my heart to desire heaven more than I have ever desired the things of this world. I want to set my eyes on God and never take them away. I want my treasure to be in heaven so that I can long to be with God more and more each day, and in desiring this I will live more and more like Jesus. With less here on earth I will have more in heaven. The more I give for Him, the more my investment in heaven grows. Let us not stare and desire the things here on earth, but let us desire the things of heaven.

I pray that we will invest more of us in Jesus so that our treasure will be safely in heaven so that one day when we stand in front of God our creator, we will be rich, in Jesus name.

Oh Lord, I give you my heart and I give you my soul so that I have nothing and that all I am and all I have is You.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...