Tuesday 19 February 2013

Today Reminder - 20 February 2013 (Be strong)



A reminder for today
“So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the LORD your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you." (Deuteronomy 31:6)

Be strong and courageous:

What started off as a normal day went from taking my son to the doctor and finally ending up in hospital. Not only was there possible signs of meningitis, but we were also pulled back into reality when my wives 12 week visit to the doctor revealed that we had lost our new little one. With one child in the hospital with a very high fever and another one lost, our little world was shaken. And there we were standing before our Lord with questions.

With only the second day into this week and it already feels like the burden of life has doubled upon my shoulders. For a moment there I was lost and without words. My soul felt weak as I sat here in the hospital watching my son sleeping due to the constant fever. As I watched his slow deep breaths I am pulled back humbly before my God. This scripture reminded me of the movie “Courageous” that I watched a while back. I saw a picture of how life is like the ocean with waves taking you up and bringing you down. Your only hope is to find land and steer clear of the rocks that will destroy your ship and sink you. 

My dearest friend, I am reminded by Moses’s words that we must be courageous and strong. We must not be afraid nor should we panic. The Lord will go out ahead of us and He will never fail us nor abandon us. We must remain faithful and constantly realign our compass to God’s north. We must humbly rely and depend on Him as we place our hearts, our pain and our tears in His hands.

I pray that today will be a day without storms, with clear blue skies so that the glory of our loving Father will shine through us regardless of the troubles we face, in Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus.  

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...