Tuesday 19 February 2013

Today Reminder - 19 Febuary 2013 (The key)



A reminder for today
"Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live! You can make this choice by loving the LORD your God, obeying Him, and committing yourself firmly to Him. This is the key to your life. And if you love and obey the LORD, you will live long in the land the LORD swore to give your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob." (Deuteronomy 30:19-20)

The key:

I am wondering how your day went yesterday. Did you live the message of the gospel or did you find it difficult. I failed miserably. My day went from great to bad and finally worst. I found myself being irritated by people neglecting my son and then further annoyed by drivers on the road. This caused a ripple effect of things that led from one to the next and finally ended in me being very agitated. In the end I found myself thinking, where did I show Jesus in all of this? Where did I live His message of love?

Moses so often spoke to the Israelite people about their choices in life. Here in verse 19 and 20 he repeats himself again and finally telling them that he gave them the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Moses says that the key to life is to love and obey the Lord and to commit to Him. I am thinking what did I choose? Did I choose life or did I choose death and why am I so irresponsible? 

Instead of being angry I should be saying thank you Lord that my son is safe and thank you Lord for all my blessing that I have. Thank you Lord for the time to drive carefully unlike my fellow citizens that seems to own the roads. I should look at all that I have and remember where it all comes from. I should be on my knees giving honour to God instead of allowing the enemy to ruin my day with little things. I should remember that God is my God and with Him I should have no fears and I should not allow the enemy to blind me from this truth. I should not allow anger and fear to take the place of God in my life. I should place God first, always.

My dear friend, I pray that your day will be a day where God will be honoured and where God will be given the glory that He deserves. I pray that we will not be judgemental and that we will commit to the Lord allowing Him to work in our hearts so that we can be a clearer message, in Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...