Friday 22 February 2013

Today Reminder - 22 February 2013 (Overcome)



A reminder for today
"Remember what Moses, the servant of the LORD, commanded you: 'The LORD your God is giving you a place of rest. He has given you this land.' (Joshua 1:13)

Overcome:

Finally! I want to say finally the people of Israel is about to cross the Jordan river and into the Promised Land, but I also want to say finally it is Friday and finally we are back at home. Everybody is fine, but I can see the strain of a tough week in my family’s eyes. When I read this verse today I see this land as a piece of our lives. When we move closer to God we come across areas in our life that we must overcome or get control over so that we can move closer to God. So what I feel the Holy Spirit is saying to me is that God says that He is giving you a place of rest, and He is giving you these areas so that you can continue your journey to Him and you do not need to worry about them anymore. He has given you victory!

My dear friend, I can only humbly give all the glory to God for keeping me up through this week. For giving me strength and for keeping me close to His heart. All the glory and all the honour goes to Him for keeping His hands over my family and for giving me wonderful friends like you. God has gone ahead and He has given me a place of rest, He has given me this land, this area as I humbly place my life and my family in His hands.

I pray that you will overcome the areas in your life where you need victory so that you will come closer to God, in Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus.  

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...