Friday 8 February 2013

Today Reminder - 08 February 2013 (Poor)



A reminder for today
Give generously to the poor, not grudgingly, for the LORD your God will bless you in everything you do. There will always be some in the land who are poor. That is why I am commanding you to share freely with the poor and with other Israelites in need. (Deuteronomy 14:22)

Poor and rejected:

As I write to you today it is thundering outside and raining softly. I sit here and wonder about my soul. The rain comes and washes away all the dust and cleans the air. How much rain does my soul need? I feel deep inside how the Spirit of God is the rain on my soul washing it clean and thundering on my heart. I feel poor in Jesus as I realise I need a lot of rain.

My dear friend, I am reminding us today not to look down on the poor but to help them as much as we can. When you look out for the poor and carry their need in your heart, the Lord will bless you in everything that you do. Share with them as much as you can and give them from your heart, because what we do in love displays the image of Jesus within us to those who does not know Him like we do.

When Jesus started His ministry He went to the lost and to the poor. Jesus said in Mark 2: "Healthy people don't need a doctor—sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners." So come and let us help the poor, talk to the lost and bring glory to God for the gift we have in Jesus Christ is a gift that we must give and keep on giving.

I pray that you will bring light to the poor and steer the lost in the right direction as we journey together towards Jesus, in Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...