Tuesday 4 June 2013

Today Reminder - 04 June 2013 (Looking back)



A reminder for today
The Lord was pleased that Solomon had asked for wisdom. So God replied, "Because you have asked for wisdom in governing my people with justice and have not asked for a long life or wealth or the death of your enemies — I will give you what you asked for! I will give you a wise and understanding heart such as no one else has had or ever will have! And I will also give you what you did not ask for—riches and fame! No other king in all the world will be compared to you for the rest of your life! And if you follow me and obey my decrees and my commands as your father, David, did, I will give you a long life." (1 Kings 3:10-14)

This is one of those moments in the Bible where you just sit quietly and listen to the Holy Spirit. It is such a powerful part of Solomon’s life and extremely important moment defining not only the man who is king but also the heart that now rules over Israel. There is so much I want to say about these verses but today I want to look at defining moments. Moments that left me in awe of an awesome and amazing God. Come my dear friend and enjoy these moments with me as we reflect back. 

Then God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. (Genesis 1)

Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him." (Genesis 2)

 I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth. (Genesis 9)

She became pregnant, and she gave birth to a son for Abraham in his old age. This happened at just the time God had said it would. (Genesis 21)

Then he had Joseph ride in the chariot reserved for his second-in-command. And wherever Joseph went, the command was shouted, "Kneel down!" So Pharaoh put Joseph in charge of all Egypt. (Genesis 41)

I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob." When Moses heard this, he covered his face because he was afraid to look at God. (Exodus 3)

But if you refuse to serve the LORD, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the LORD." (Joshua 24)

The LORD said to Gideon, "You have too many warriors with you. If I let all of you fight the Midianites, the Israelites will boast to me that they saved themselves by their own strength. (Judges 7)

Then Samson prayed to the LORD, "Sovereign LORD, remember me again. O God, please strengthen me just one more time. With one blow let me pay back the Philistines for the loss of my two eyes." (Judges 16)

The LORD who rescued me from the claws of the lion and the bear will rescue me from this Philistine!" (1 Samuel 17)

These are some of my favourite moments so far. Thank you for sharing them with me. Every morning when you wake, you live your life defining who you are, but most importantly we live to define God within our lives. He is so amazing and in every breath you take God seeks to lift you up and redefine you as a hero in His History. He so much wants to see you succeed and stand victorious as you bring glory to His name. 

My dear friend, I salute you today as a warrior in God’s army. Let each breath you take define who you are and let His light be the light that shines through you as you overcome each obstacle. The thing about grace is that God loves you as you are and not as you are supposed to be. So be who you are for you are perfect in more ways than you can ever imagine.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...