Wednesday 5 June 2013

Today Reminder - 04 June 2013 (Wise)



A reminder for today
Give me an understanding heart so that I can govern your people well and know the difference between right and wrong. For who by himself is able to govern this great people of yours?" (1 Kings 3:9)

I must admit when I read this again I thought to myself, if I only asked for wisdom when I was younger I would surely done things a little different. I guess mistakes are part of life and there is no better teacher than learning the hard way. I guess that is why phrases such as “Life happens” are so popular and why people are quick to defend themselves with the “I am only human” argument.

My dear friend, yes we made mistakes and yes we learned from them, but there are no greater reward than to listen to God and follow His advice. Wisdom is something we are all capable off, because the God of all wisdom is the God that lives in us. Yes God will allow us to make mistakes, but the mistake should bring us back to God and not push us away. 

I believe that beyond the possibility of making more mistakes lies the ability of either correcting ourselves before the mistake of the strength to accept it and use it to glorify God. Ultimately I believe that with a daily and continuous relationship with God where we seek His wisdom and guidance every day we can overcome mistakes and succeed where other have fallen.

I pray that God will give you wisdom and that you will seek wisdom and desire a constant relationship with God each and every day. 

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...