Wednesday 26 June 2013

Today Reminder - 26 June 2013 (Run)



A reminder for today
Then the LORD gave special strength to Elijah. He tucked his cloak into his belt and ran ahead of Ahab's chariot all the way to the entrance of Jezreel. (1 Kings 18:46)

You might want to read that again. Yes, it is correct. Elijah tucked his cloak into his belt and ran ahead of Ahab’s chariot. God gave special strength to Elijah so that he was able to do this. There are a few things we need to reflect on as we read this verse. Firstly Elijah would have been exhausted after the events of that day. Secondly he ran, this shows that even though he was able to these amazing things, he remained humble and finally he ran ahead of Ahab’s chariot displaying that he did not look at the kings as a bad person but only his deeds that were wrong. Elijah showed his commitment to the king even though Ahab had thought them to be adversaries.

My dear friend, we are too quick to underestimate the power of the Holy Spirit. When I read this verse I saw Saul prophesising, I saw David dancing and I saw Samson taking on an entire army and Moses standing in front of Pharaoh. I see you standing and facing all the obstacles that the world can possibly throw in your way.  You know, we can so easily be influenced by this world and the people that the enemy uses to turn our eyes away from God. It is time that we must turn our focus back to God so that we can be impressed by God and His awesome grace again. With God, nothing anybody in this world does would ever impress me. I have seen the power of the Spirit too many times lift me up and placing me high above any of the concerns of this world. And just as God always rescues me, He will most certainly always rescue you.

Come with me today as we run out ahead of this world and allow God to show His power through us.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...