Wednesday 12 June 2013

Today Reminder - 12 June 2013 (Redeemer)



A reminder for today
The LORD was very angry with Solomon, for his heart had turned away from the LORD, the God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice. He had warned Solomon specifically about worshiping other gods, but Solomon did not listen to the LORD's command. So now the LORD said to him, "Since you have not kept my covenant and have disobeyed my decrees, I will surely tear the kingdom away from you and give it to one of your servants. (1 Kings 11:9-11)

Sadly Solomon turned away from God and worshipped other Gods. I must admit reading this again made me a little disappointed in Salomon. Here is probably the wisest man that ever lived and yet he turns away from God despite being warned by God numerous times. This tore my mind in pieces all day as I struggled with the idea of this amazing man so blessed turning away from the God that gave it all to him. A man with so much wealth and wisdom and so much potential and still he turned his back.

Thinking about this made me think of my son. Sometimes you can warn him so many times that he is going to get hurt and before you know it, there was an accident. I also looked at myself and I grew up in a church going family and I knew the commands of the Lord since childhood, but I also turned away from God and sinned. This made me realise how vulnerable we really are. We are not strong enough to face the enemy alone and we surely are not wise enough to have all the answers and there is no one that is perfect, except Jesus Christ. And that, my dear friend, is why we follow Jesus Christ and no one else. 

So here is my conclusion. No matter how wonderful you are, there will come a time when the enemy will strike at a place where you are very vulnerable, and if you do not live a life with a strong and on-going relationship with God, where you know that you are lost without Him, then you will also be misguided by the enemy and you will fall in their trap. My dear friend, we must humbly and dependently follow God, and His Word, so that we will not be lost and not be tricked by a devouring monster that lies and waits for us to make a mistake. Jesus is the only way, and He will free you from this disaster if your heart belongs to Him (Jesus Christ). You will not fall and you will not be lost, in fact you have found the way to God. So unlike Solomon, you have a redeemer that died for you so that you can be free from this sin. Come my dear friend and let us renew our faith in Jesus Christ as we accept Him once again as our saviour and the light in our darkness. In Jesus we can truly be free and live without fear.

We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are. For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard. Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins. (Romans 3:22-24)

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...