Thursday 20 June 2013

Today Reminder - 20 June 2013 (Choices Part 1)



A reminder for today
Later on, in the third year of the drought, the LORD said to Elijah, "Go and present yourself to King Ahab. Tell him that I will soon send rain!" (1 Kings 18:1)

Choices part 1. I want to chat to you about choices today. You might think: “Ah seriously! I know I have made good or bad choices, but I am past that and looking forward.” I know, and yes I like to remind you that you have to listen to God, so why are we looking at choices?

We both know that every choice has an impact and every decision we make either puts us on the right path or takes us on a detour, but ultimately every choice we have puts us in a place where we must choose.

I think every choice in life has three stages. Part 1: Getting the choice, Part 2: making the Choice and Part 3 living the choice. Today I want to focus your attention on getting a choice. I think or rather I believe that all things happen with a purpose. It either shapes or moulds us for bigger ones or it places us in a position where God can use us or were God will let us grow in our relationship with Him.

Now, every day you stand before many choices. Some you say are daily choices and part of life, but in the free world that is true. You have a choice to wake up, a choice to have breakfast and when to have it and a choice to work. In a jail cell you do not have those choices, and yes I know choices took those guys to jail and choices kept you from it. But still it is a choice. So here is my point for today. Take a moment before you make your choices today and see God in them. Take a moment and think for a second if you can see God’s hand and God’s direction and finally hear God’s voice in each choice. Some choices will purely be out of grace, but other could be part of your work or because of the position you have or even the road you took. But in each case take a moment and look for God, because He is in each choice whether it is by grace or by reason and purpose.

So I will meet you out there today as we evaluate our choices.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...