Thursday 27 June 2013

Today Reminder - 27 June 2013 (Renew)



A reminder for today
Then he went on alone into the wilderness, traveling all day. He sat down under a solitary broom tree and prayed that he might die. "I have had enough, LORD," he said. "Take my life, for I am no better than my ancestors who have already died." (1 Kings 19:4)

I have had enough. Do those words sound familiar? Elijah fled from Jezebel who promised to kill him just as he had done with the prophets of baal. Finally and out of exhaustion he sat down under a tree, broken and disappointed. He wanted to die for he must have felt that all he did was for nothing. Have you been here before? Have you ever felt that you are tired and broken and wished that life would come to an end, because you are not worthy of it. 

My dear friend, I can feel your pain and your disappointment. I can see your heart heavy with this burden and I can almost see an image of your face, tired and sad. As Elijah laid there exhausted and troubled God send an angel to bring him food and water so that he can renew his strength for the journey that awaited him to Mount Sinai. 

This happens so often in life. The enemy will do anything to discourage you and make you feel unworthy. My dear and wonderful friend, listen to me today. I look up to the mountains—does my help come from there? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth! (Psalm 121) Stand up and look up, yes, up there in that blue heaven is a loving God that will never ever leave you. He will never let you fail and He will never let the enemy defeat you, because He loves you so much that He gave His only Son to die for your sins and your transgressions. His blood has already washed away all your sins so let it wash away your pain. Let the blood of Jesus free you from this grip that enemy so much want to keep on you and stand up. Come and stand with me as we lift our hands and give our hearts to Jesus so that He can fill this void the enemy brings and free us from our misery. Let Jesus be the bread you eat and the living water that flows from within you. 

Jesus replied, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. (John 6:35)

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...