Monday 13 July 2015

Today Reminder – 13 July 2015 (Day 4 – Forward)



A reminder for today
That night the angel of the LORD went out to the Assyrian camp and killed 185,000 Assyrian soldiers. When the surviving Assyrians woke up the next morning, they found corpses everywhere. (Isaiah 37:36)

How are you my dear friend? I do hope you are well and that your storms are quiet for a while. I missed writing to you, but I did enjoy my time away. We were blessed to visit the “Kruger National Park” here in South Africa. It is a beautiful place where nature is still much as God intended it. I was again amazed at God’s wonder and how He so wonderfully takes care of each animal, big and small. I watched the sun rise and set each day over the lush and bountiful “bushveld” and I was in awe of God’s majesty. 

Sometimes life can deal us so much heartache and pain that we miss the little things. We look past the blessing we have of waking up each day. We forget that we are healthy by His grace. We forget the cross in the midst of our own battles. We forget the miracles that happen around us each day in our wonderfully created bodies. We forget Jesus and how He lived a simple life with a massive impact. We forget that the little things can have huge ripple effects in the days to come.

I read this verse and I knew in that moment what I wanted to say to you today.

Today I want to remind you that our God is a great God. He is greater than all our imaginations can comprehend. He is now, He was and He is forever. If He can send one angel to destroy the Assyrian camp, imagine what He can do through us with the Holy Spirit that lives in us. Because He lives I can face tomorrow. Because He lives I can stand up and fight again. I am alive because He lives. I am undefeatable because He lives.

Let us stand up and move forward for yesterday is gone and tomorrow is unknown, but now we can.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...