Monday 27 July 2015

Today Reminder – 27 July 2015 (Day 14 – Forward)



A reminder for today
"I am the First and the Last; there is no other God.” (Isaiah 44:6)

This weekend marked the end of me. I realised that I am just no good and that I cause more pain and heartache with every step. I thought that me and my ex-wife were doing fine and that I was making good progress until it all changed. It turned a good Saturday into a terrible one with an argument that seemed so unnecessary. I am wrong that I know and I am the cause of all this. It is all because of my mistakes. I will take full responsibility for the pain I caused and continue to cause. It boiled in me all weekend until I finally realised that they are better off without me and that I am the result of all of this. This on its own made me question so much about myself and finally Sunday evening I felt that I needed to go to church. 

The message was all for me. The pastor said that there are three things that makes every Christian fall and destroy most marriages. They are lust, possessions and position. I am guilty of all three, because I had more than one affair thus lust, I also chased position when I climbed the corporate ladder up into management and I was consumed by possessions when I desired a bigger car and bigger house even when we could not afford them. All of this placed a huge amount of stress on me and my marriage and finally it all collapsed and created a wall between us. There is only one God and we can never worship two. We can never divide our love, because we are not designed like that. Money and power means nothing to God, because God speaks and He created the universe. He does not need our gifts and our money, He needs us. He made us in His image and that means His mark is on us. This means that we are His and that He will do anything to keep His precious people, even give His Son so that we can be free.

I am not well today and I am in a terrible place. My heart feels empty and my emotions are a mess. 

"I cry out, 'Help!' but no one answers me. I protest, but there is no justice. God has blocked my way so I cannot move. He has plunged my path into darkness. He has stripped me of my honour and removed the crown from my head. He has demolished me on every side, and I am finished. He has uprooted my hope like a fallen tree. His fury burns against me; he counts me as an enemy. His troops advance. They build up roads to attack me. They camp all around my tent.” (Job 19:7-12)

"But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last. And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God! I will see him for myself. Yes, I will see him with my own eyes. I am overwhelmed at the thought! "How dare you go on persecuting me, saying, 'It's his own fault'? You should fear punishment yourselves, for your attitude deserves punishment. Then you will know that there is indeed a judgment." (Job 19:25-29)

Today I want to remind you that our Redeemer lives and no one can destroy you unless you allow it. He is fighting for you every moment of every day and you should not give up. I want to end with this quote from the movie The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel: “All will be well in the end, if it is not well, then it is not the end yet”.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...