Wednesday 29 July 2015

Today Reminder – 29 July 2015 (Day 16 – Forward)



A reminder for today
This is what the LORD says—your Redeemer and Creator: "I am the LORD, who made all things.  I alone stretched out the heavens. Who was with me when I made the earth? (Isaiah 44:24)

Out of the darkness and into the light. I realised today that to move out of a painful or shameful past is not so easy. There is always something that reminds you of the mistakes you have made. I fear that I will step into that same person and make the same mistakes again. I find it really difficult to move forward. Everyone at my work now knows of what I have done and I can feel the looks and the stares as some of them seem to keep the memory of my past alive. So what happens is that everywhere I go I feel that same stare from other people as I assume they too know of my mistakes.

These types of thoughts are what the enemy uses to push us back into the darkness. It is the enemy’s way to keep us behind bars and to keep us away from the light. My friend sometimes we just need a little time to see. Sometimes our hurt blinds us and keeps us from the truth. 

The Lord reminds us today that He is our Redeemer and Creator and that He made all things. He alone can pull us out of the darkness and into the light. So today I long for the marvellous light of Jesus as I realise that I need Him first and foremost in my life and that I need to place me first for a while so I can find me again.

I need to rebuild and repair a life time of mistakes and only Jesus can do that. Jesus is my only hope and I will open my heart for my shame is exposed so that I can feel His mercy as I move from darkness to light.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...