Friday 17 July 2015

Today Reminder – 17 July 2015 (Day 8 – Forward)



A reminder for today
Who has done such mighty deeds, summoning each new generation from the beginning of time? It is I, the LORD, the First and the Last. I alone am He." (Isaiah 41:4)

Oh boy I am having an awesome time reading through Isaiah. There is so much of God in this book that just leaves me in awe. I guess the Holy Spirit is also enjoying it because He is inspiring me with every verse. 

How are you doing my friend? My week was a tough one and I must admit that the enemy is doing his best to bring me down. So today I want to remind you that we need basically three things to continue and to keep moving forward. We need to forget the past and forgive, we need to remember to be ourselves and not allow circumstances to change us and finally we need to remain faithful to God. I love to remind myself that we walk by faith and not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7). I wrote to you earlier that the truth sets us free, but in truth we need to forgive, because that completes the proses.

I cannot change the past and I cannot erase my mistakes, but I can change what I do now. I cannot make people forgive me and forget my mistakes, but I can ignore what they think and say of me, because I care only what I do next. We must never allow people to hurt us, because they cannot see who we really are and who God really is. God is all about love and forgiveness. And Jesus said that we should be more like Him and less like the worldly nature that we allow to influence us. If we must be more like Him, it means we must care about the worst of us and accept all for who they are. We must love despite the wrongs and finally we must be willing to give our lives even for those that hate us the most. 

Who does these wonderful deeds? It is the Lord – I am. So for us to step forward today we must forget and we must forgive. We must look ahead at the wonderful things that await us, for Jesus wants us to be happy and to live a life that is full of life. 

So today I am taking a huge jump forward and I am leaving those behind that do not see God for who He really is and I am going to live a life that shows Him in all that I do.

He is all that I need.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...