Monday 18 December 2017

Today Reminder (All things) – 18 December 2017



A reminder for today
And He Himself existed and is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. [His is the controlling, cohesive force of the universe.] (Colossians 1:17)

It is Monday morning and the voices in my head are quiet. Hee hee, I always joke at work about the voices in my head. You see where I work you can’t be normal otherwise you will not fit in. I have been on leave for little over a week and yesterday our Pastor spoke about stress and how South Africa is the second highest country where people stresses a lot. He said that when the voices in your head or the white noise gets so loud you do not hear what other say it is time to rest. Therefore, my statement that the voices in my head are quiet, because I am resting. I decided that I will take a week extra this year, because I just had enough.

The Lord is doing amazing things in my life. I still have that little “me” that comes in the way of what God has planned, but I believe in time I will be less and less, and He will be more and more. I love this verse. When things are tough, and life is just not fair, I always remember that in Him all things hold together. 

He is the glue that holds me together, but not just that, He keeps me sane and focussed. He sets my life in motion and He direct my steps. He leads me through the dark valleys and He gives me rest. He holds me in His hands and He shields me from the storms around me. He is the breath I take and the life that flows through my body. He is my strength and He is my God and king. He was and is and is forever. All things and all that is me is held together by Him.

Lord, we thank you that we know you hold all things together and that we should not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow is in your hands. In Jesus name. 

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...