Friday 15 December 2017

Today Reminder (The season) – 15 December 2017



A reminder for today
Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me. (Mark 10:31)

We have decided to take the little we have left and buy our maid a fridge. She lives in a rural area and they have very little. Her salary does not provide much and above all that she is the only remaining family member to foster five children. I always say it is much nicer to give than to receive. We try as much as we can to help her and give her clothes for herself and for the kids. When I paid for the fridge this morning I was reminded of the rich young man.

You see, this young man impressed Jesus so much with his way of life and how he kept the ten commandments. His question to Jesus was how to inherit eternal life. Jesus simply said that he must sell all his possessions and give the money to the poor. This made him very sad, because he did not see the full picture of what he is giving versus what he will receive. Many of us are in the same boat. We cannot see Jesus, because our vision is blocked by the many possessions we have. 

We get comfortable living extravagant lives and we miss the true meaning of being a follower of Jesus. If the rich young man would have done what Jesus told him to do, he would have had so much more than what this world has to offer. The same applies in my case where I took the last of my money and I gave it to someone who are in desperate need. 

Christmas is all about giving, but giving the gospel not material needs. I gave out of the love Jesus has for us and I know that in turn He will bless us so that we will have enough. Jesus is my all and in Him I am stronger than ever before. Run devil, run, because I am just getting started. 

Lord, I pray that you will bless us all in this wonderful season so that in our blessing we will bring glory to you. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...