Thursday 7 December 2017

Today Reminder (What now) – 7 December 2017



A reminder for today
Therefore do not worry or be anxious (perpetually uneasy, distracted), saying, ‘What are we going to eat?’ or ‘What are we going to drink?’ or ‘What are we going to wear?’ For the [pagan] Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; [but do not worry,] for your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But first and most importantly seek (aim at, strive after) His kingdom and His righteousness [His way of doing and being right—the attitude and character of God], and all these things will be given to you also. (Matthew 6:31-33)

I wrote to you about our worries and concerns at this time with our company that does not really seem to care much about their employees. It reminded me of this verse. You see we all worry. We do not have enough money and we struggle with debt and rising prices. Our salaries do not rise with same rate as grocery prices and medical expenses. This year we had quote a few challenges and I guess I came to a point where I do not know what to do. So, I did what Jesus told me to do. I took my worries to my God and I laid it at His feet. I took my troubles to Him, but I did not expect or asked for anything other than to leave my worries with Him. 

I focussed on changing me so that I can seek Him and His will and His kingdom. I desire to do what He wants me to do and all asked is that He blesses our finances. I know we do not have much but there are things happening and I can see the Lord is at work. I can see His hand and I can see how He is leading me to a new direction in my journey. 

I am still not sure what will happen, but I know that my heavenly Father knows what I need and that He will show me the way and He will make my current challenges look small in days to come. I must just continue to seek Him and do His will. 

I am nothing without my God who looks so well after me. I have seen Him change my circumstances so many times before, but this time I can feel He will be glorified like I have not seen before. He is my God and I live for Him.

Lord, thank you for all the amazing things you do for us. I am so in awe of all you do for us. Lord you are my all and in you I am stronger and better. I know you will be with me through my challenges and I know that I have nothing to fear. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...