Friday 1 December 2017

Today Reminder (Soul Surfer) – 1 December 2017



A reminder for today
 I can do all things [which He has called me to do] through Him who strengthens and empowers me [to fulfill His purpose—I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength and confident peace.]. (Philippians 4:13)

Soul surfer is our movie of the month and if you haven’t seen this one, I highly recommend you do. It is based on the life of Bethany Hamilton. SOUL SURFER is the inspiring true story of teen surfer Bethany Hamilton, who lost her arm in a shark attack and courageously overcame all odds to become a champion again, through her sheer determination and unwavering faith. In the wake of this life-changing event that took her arm and nearly her life, Bethany's feisty determination and steadfast beliefs spur her toward an adventurous comeback that gives her the grit to turn her loss into a gift for others.

Her unwavering faith based on the knowledge that you can do all things through Christ that strengthens you is a tower of light in a very dark world. Her story touched the lives of thousands of people and her faith brought glory to God in her determination to become a pro surfer. 

I love her words: My plans to be a professional surfer got hit pretty hard on that Halloween morning. It was my own personal tsunami. In the days, weeks, and months that followed I had a lot of cleaning up to do. Often, it was scary or trying. And I won't lie to you: in some ways it still is. I've worked really hard to become a pro surfer, and am now competing with the best women surfers in the world.

But for me, knowing that God loves me and that he has a plan for my life, that no shark can take away and no contest result can shake, is like having solid rock underneath me. Bad things are bound to happen to everyone. That's life. Here's my advice: don't put all your hope and faith into something that could suddenly and easily disappear. And honestly, that's almost anything. The only thing that will never go away, that will never fail you, is God and your faith in him. All I can say is He gives me a really strong foundation for everything I do in life.

She is an example of how we stand out from the crowd, because we have a living and all-powerful God that makes us ready for anything. Let Jesus be your solid rock and hold on to your faith. We can do anything with Jesus. Just don’t give up and don’t hold back.

Lord, what an amazing example of your power and grace. I pray that we will keep the faith and focus on you as we take on our tsunami’s. Give us the strength to keep standing and to keep fighting no matter the odds. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...